- Rabbit Fryer (quartered or cut however you desire)
- 2½ cups of Whole Milk
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 2½ cups of Flour
- 1 Tbs. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbs. Paprika
- Place milk, egg and rabbit in a bowl. Place in the fridge for one hour.
- Mix Flour, Pepper and Paprika together in a large bowl.
- Remove rabbit from the milk/egg mixture and shake off excess.
- Dredge rabbit pieces in flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Place rabbit in fridge for about 15 minutes (this allows the batter to stick better).
- In a skillet (preferably cast iron) heat about ½” of Crisco on medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot enough (not too hot), place the rabbit pieces in the skillet until both sides are browned evenly.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and turn the rabbit pieces often, keeping the thicker pieces in the middle of the skillet.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, making sure the bottom of the pieces are not burning.
- Serve as-is or make gravy with the oil from the pan.